QoL: Tab upgrades instead of more tabs

I know u gotta make money GGGT and that's fine.

But I'd rather pay for upgrades to my existing premium tabs or possibilities to merge some premium tabs into a single tab than getting more and more different tabs (or having to buy 2 or more of the same tab). Please: quality instead of quantity although I know for MF you want quantity ;-)

Some upgrades I could think of that I'm willing to pay for:

1.) Double the currency limit in currency tab for each upgrade (5k, 10k, 15k, etc.)
2.) Double the gem limit in gem tab for each upgrade (500, 1k, 1.5k, etc.)
3.) Delirium, Metamorph and Blight tabs are merged into one tab (like fragment tab)
4.) Unique Item tab can now hold different game-versions of an item and alternate arts
5.) Fossile and Essence tabs are merged (like fragment tab)
6.) Additional sorting and search functions

I haven't really put much thought into it yet and I'm sure people can come up with more/better options.

“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on May 19, 2023, 7:06:40 AM
Last bumped on Aug 25, 2023, 10:27:12 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Agree totally on the Gem stash tab. 500 is simply not enough once you factor in alternative quality gems.

The ability to trade in or upgrade (empty) premium tabs for quad tabs would be a boon.

An actual UI for bulk trading would also be great. The existing system is extremely unintuitive and can be confusing to work with for newer players.

I'd like to see the expedition and heist chests converted to stash tabs and the chests changed to simple H/O decorations.

In the same vein, the crafting table UI could also be reworked and simplified so that each bench (harvest, unveiling, div card trades, normal crafting etc) has its own tab.
Last edited by Sighted on Apr 3, 2022, 11:36:47 PM
i would say that tab merging can only improve poe not only via QoL but improve the game as a whole.

right now ggg has kinda cornered players into buying league specific tabs.

metamorph, essence, blight, delirium.

they were a solution to a problem that GGG introduced.

GGG has since then become more generous with making newer leagues have a "free tab" if the league requires it.

by merging tabs, GGG can make decisions whether or not to rework a league mechanic or scrap it entirely.
[Removed by Support]
"
Sighted wrote:

The ability to trade in or upgrade (empty) premium tabs for quad tabs would be a boon.

+1

This has been requested for many years and would be great but GGGT have given various 'reasons' why this will probably never happen.

"
Sighted wrote:

An actual UI for bulk trading would also be great. The existing system is extremely unintuitive and can be confusing to work with for newer players.

+1

probably pretty complicated and thus not so easy to do (just my guess)

"
Sighted wrote:

I'd like to see the expedition and heist chests converted to stash tabs and the chests changed to simple H/O decorations.

In the same vein, the crafting table UI could also be reworked and simplified so that each bench (harvest, unveiling, div card trades, normal crafting etc) has its own tab.

+1

been asking that over the years but usually such threads never gain any traction, although you see it requested here and there by players.
― Christopher Hitchens
Last edited by Antigegner on Apr 4, 2022, 8:49:38 PM
Main problem is going to be database and network load...

"
Antigegner wrote:
1.) Double the currency limit in currency tab for each upgrade (5k, 10k, 15k, etc.)

This should be doable, since each currency is just a number. Increasing the capacity will not increase database or network load. There might be some other limits in the code that would make it harder.

"
Antigegner wrote:
2.) Double the gem limit in gem tab for each upgrade (500, 1k, 1.5k, etc.)
3.) Delirium, Metamorph and Blight tabs are merged into one (like fragment tab)
4.) Unique Item tab can now hold different versions of an item and alterante arts
5.) Fossile and Essence tabs are merged (like fragment tab)

Not very likely to happen. It'll increase database and network load.

"
Antigegner wrote:
6.) additional sorting and search functions

Should be doable too as it will be implemented on the client. There should be no increase in database or network load.
a alter script, running on the next login for players who bought a upgrade of all premiums to quads shouldn't drag down the database performance much.

ggg only got problems once before when running alter scripts for all players on league start login :)

they could even offer the conversion as a time limited offer for players with a certain account creation date only (like 8 to 12 years old accounts in week 1, 7 to 3 years old accounts on week 2...)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on May 8, 2022, 8:07:29 AM
I'm not so sure I would want combined tabs: I very much like having single-target tabs that are easily found and accessible. It quite literally takes 1.5x as much time now at the stash when trying to get out scarabs.

Previously: 1 click on stash, 1 click on scarab tab
New: 1 click on stash, 1 click on frag tab, 1 click on scarab tab

That is just stupid imo. False sense of "organization"

If all tabs were to combine so that we have 3-4 pages in each tab, I would forget fairly regularly which combination tab certain things are in. It would also add to the time it takes to use the stash. Always faster to have a list of completely unique tabs that I can easily see on the right side or across the top.

I am NOT a fan of the new combined fragments tab, I preferred especially the solo scarab tab.

I am, however, for the idea of upgrading a stash tab so it has higher maximums (provided the upgrade is half or less the price of a brand new tab).
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 8, 2022, 12:29:03 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
I'm not so sure I would want combined tabs: I very much like having single-target tabs that are easily found and accessible. It quite literally takes 1.5x as much time now at the stash when trying to get out scarabs.

Previously: 1 click on stash, 1 click on scarab tab
New: 1 click on stash, 1 click on frag tab, 1 click on scarab tab

That is just stupid imo. False sense of "organization"

If all tabs were to combine so that we have 3-4 pages in each tab, I would forget fairly regularly which combination tab certain things are in. It would also add to the time it takes to use the stash. Always faster to have a list of completely unique tabs that I can easily see on the right side or across the top.

I am NOT a fan of the new combined fragments tab, I preferred especially the solo scarab tab.

I am, however, for the idea of upgrading a stash tab so it has higher maximums (provided the upgrade is half or less the price of a brand new tab).

My focus is on upgrading not combining (I admit it is unclear in my OP). Offering the possibility to combine would not be mandatory so it would not affect you.
― Christopher Hitchens
Last edited by Antigegner on Aug 17, 2022, 3:25:12 AM
up
― Christopher Hitchens
Hey there. I am just a newbie so I do not know much about devs. Were there any comments from developers about this suggestion?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info